ICG Medical is a leading healthcare recruitment agency, supplying nurses, doctors, and allied staff to many clients such as the NHS, private healthcare centre, HMP (Her Majesty’s Prisons), and mental health units. Within ICG Medical, we have 3 brands including Cromwell Medical Staffing, Clinical24, and Greenstaff Medical.
We believe in building strong relationships with our clients and candidates. This has helped us to win many awards such as being 19th best small company to work for voted by the Sunday Times. We are a Global business operating across the world. This role is flexible in location – the L&D Business Partner will be working with consultants and managers from the UK, South Africa and India. Due to the widespread location of our consultants, this role will deliver a high proportion of training via video link and the L&D Business Partner must have access to reliable internet / WFH access when working from home.
We partner with our clients to achieve more together. We create a true family-feel atmosphere and adopt a “Be There” culture.
We are honest and transparent – with both our clients and colleagues. We strive to build trust, confidence, and commitment between ourselves and our clients.
Simply put, we love what we do. We ensure that we choose the correct attitude with everything that we do.
As a key member of our Global Learning & Development (L&D) team, the L&D Business Partner (L&D BP) role will be responsible for working with a specific ICG business brand and the designated senior leadership team in that business to develop and deliver appropriate training. The L&D BP will be the main channel for delivery of business and brand specific training, including but not limited to process, sales skills, and operational systems training. Your position will also see you working with the Quality Analyst to support 121 coaching to existing Healthcare Consultants based on outcomes of the quality monitoring process to ensure Consultants are competent and able to exceed in their roles. Focussing on one business area will be key to this role, being a Subject Matter Expert is vital to the success of the L&D BP role.
- To deliver the statutory, mandatory, colleague development and organisational change training interventions for new and existing staff in across your business brand.
- Responsible for supporting and guiding globally based Consultants through training, who are based in India, the UK, and South Africa.
- Responsible for conducting assessed role plays and providing feedback as part of the Induction training plan.
- To deliver L&D solutions using a blend of methodologies. These include virtual learning (via Zoom and Microsoft Teams), classroom training, deskside support, and on-the-job learning as appropriate.
- Responsible for performance coaching and supporting all colleagues with the help of coaching and mentoring, identifying resources and knowledge required for the team members to perform at their best.
- Work closely with Operations team to ensure a smooth transition of new starters into live roles.
- Be a SME for all the processes and procedures to be able to guide and mentor new starters.
- Work with management and operations to determine expectations and delivery from new starters.
- Identify skill gaps and schedule appropriate training with L&D for performance improvement.
- Ensure new starter’s operations journey after induction training is seamless, working with ops performance coaches and line managers.
- Performance improvement related support for existing staff by working closely with QA and L&D
- Documentation of reports and trackers to ensure operational performance and targets can be measured.
- Work closely with Senior L&D BP and Managers to conduct TNA and proactively plan group and individual learning interventions.
- Support the coaching culture by proactively managing 121 coaching sessions for all consultants in the brand.
- Use these sessions to develop an in-depth knowledge of the business and our people.
- Work collaboratively with the wider L&D team, to support each other with training needs and be upskilled enough to be able to cover absence and holidays where necessary.
- Working closely with the Senior L&D BP and L&D team to ensure that the function is aligned, and communication is open.
- Ensure that the Key Skills Matrix is regularly updated and utilised for 121’s, PDPs and ongoing development plans
- Working with the Senior L&D BP and other team members to design and develop fit for purpose training materials, adding to the training curriculum to support the on-going development, and upskilling of all colleagues in the business.
- Working with operational managers to create a ‘real life scenarios’ catalogue to support the upkeep and review process of training material.
- Working with operational managers to ensure all training support tools, e.g., ‘how to’ guides are kept up to date, are relevant and user friendly.
- Answering training-related issues and provide high-quality customer service across the organisation.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in recruitment/sales
- Confident in facilitation and presenting, with a desire to develop skills on-going
- Exceptional level of English (Speaking, Reading & Writing)
- Experience of training a variety of courses (induction for new starters, system, sales skills, soft skills, IELTS etc)
- Experience of working with operational teams and managers to conduct engaging training needs analysis
- Excellent personal and time management skills
- Hard-working approach and resilient attitude
- Confident and professional when dealing with objections
- On-site in our Bellville, Cape Town office
- Able to work UK Hours
- Competitive Salary