An outstanding opportunity to join a rapidly growing business as the UK Finance Controller.
This will be a Financial Controller role in its broadest sense with the successful candidate being responsible for all areas of Financial Control, reporting directly to the UK Financial Director.
The Financial Controller will be a crucial member of the team and will be expected to drive significant change across all areas of responsibility as we look to review and modernise our current processes and enhance our controls environment.
The UK FC will take on responsibility for managing the payroll managers (dealing with pay and bill of 1,500 contractors a week), and credit control managers. They will also be expected to support the Financial Controller in India who manages a support team of 15 finance staff.
In addition, they will have direct responsibility for:
- AP & AR
- the Support Centre in India
- External Audit
- Tax & other regulatory compliance
- Reviewing and ensuring appropriate accounting policies in line with changing accounting standards.
- Continually reviewing and developing financial and other controls to safeguard assets.
- Ensuring our Internal Control framework is modernised and fit for purpose as the business continues to grow and change.
- Acting as a Business Partner to Commercial stakeholders
The UK Financial Controller will have direct responsibility with the support of more junior staff for the accuracy and timeliness of the following:
- Monthly management accounts and other relevant management information.
- Communicating performance to the business, supporting the Board to identify and address areas for improvement.
- Subsidiary Accounts and Company’s House filings in order to meet the business’ statutory responsibilities.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting to banks and other stakeholders.
- Handling of tax matters for the UK and Irish businesses.
The ideal candidate will have two years post qualification experience, having gained a Professional Accountancy Qualification as well as being able to demonstrate the characteristics below;
- Expert understanding and knowledge of financial accounting and reporting
- Highly technically minded with a close attention to detail
This is a truly unique opportunity for a technically strong finance professional to join an ever growing brand leader playing a fundamental part in its finance function.
You will ideally be ACA qualified with 2 years post qualifcation experience.